Saturday, July 17, 2010

April and Oliver by Tess Callahan

April and Oliver have been friends since they were little. They are actually somehow related. Oliver comes back to town after years of being away so he and his fiance can go to graduate school and get married. April's life is in shambles. Her past is full of abuse, his brother dies, and her boyfriend has a shady past of her own. Oliver gets involved in trying to save April from herself (and others) while destroying his own life in the process.

This book wasn't what I expected. It was a very hard story to get through, not an easy read. I liked Oliver but April seemed to be a little too dark for me. She constantly sought out the wrong guy, the one she knew would hurt her. Her relationship with her father wasn't great. I suspected he knew that she was being abused by his business partner but did nothing to stop it. If it wasn't for Oliver, she probably would have ended up dead.

I finished the book but it's not one that I would recommend to others. I didn't enjoy it. The last 80 pages were better but the ended fell flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment