Sunday, August 8, 2010

Angelology by Danielle Trussoni

I'm obsessed with angels. I love the idea of them, their beauty, their place in the human world. This book was a recommedation. Honestly, when I saw the page count I cringed. It was huge (451). Okay maybe not so huge but more than I really wanted to read for a summer book. But I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. It wasn't an easy read though. There were many times I had to go back and reread things. It had a lot of historical, religious, and biblical references. Not usually my thing.

The idea in this book is not what we are used to when we think of angels. We think of cute (or beautiful), with long feathery wings, and angels that are on the side of good. This book totally twists that around. The premise is that angels are among us. They are suffering from some disesase that slowly kills them. They need to find the lyre, thought to make them strong, and possibly destroy the world. A nun, comes to find out that she comes from a family of angelologists and her new mission is continue their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment