Sunday, August 22, 2010

Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood

Charlie feels incredible guilt over the car accident that killed his younger brother. For thirteen years after the accident, Charlie spends each night with his brother, playing baseball and holding onto the past. Charlie has a gift that allows him to see those who have died and their spirirts before they move on. Then he meets Tess, who was injured in a boating accident, and is lost at sea. Charlie and Tess start some sort of relationship while Charlie eventually tries to find Tess and return her to her life.

I wanted to read this book because of the movie. The movie seems so good but I thought books are usually better than the movie. It was a hard book to get into. Took me about nine or so chapters before I really became invested and wanted to read more. It had a great middle and second half and I'm happy I stuck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment