Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This was another one of those books from my book club. Not necessairly one I would have chosen on my own. While I like books that are somewhat unusual, this was a little too out there for me. Many people I've spoken to have raved about this book. How they couldn't put it down, how great it was. For me it was so so. Even though there was a lot of action, I had a hard time really staying with it. Maybe it was the gore factor or the fact that children are sent into this game to kill each other and come out with a winner. Not sure what it was that really didn't hook me. I'm sort of interested in what happens to Katniss once she goes home but not sure if I care enough to read the next book. But I am excited about the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment