Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Unwind by Neal Shusterman (Unwind, #1)

Unwinding. The government has made it legal to "unwind" a child between the ages of 13-18. Basically, a child continues to live but in a divided state. Connor is trying to escape his unwinding and survive until age 18, when he is no longer legal for this process. Along the way Connor saves Lev, a tithe, on his way to unwinding, being brought up to believe that it's his mission in life. Risa, living in a State Home, is being unwound to cut costs.

The book takes the persepctive of Lev, Connor and Risa and follows their story in trying to survive. I must say as of late, I'm not really that into Sci Fi. But this book really hooked me. I read it in a day and a half and just couldn't put it down. This concept is one I've never heard but really interesting. The chapter where Roland goes through his unwinding is a little harder to read because of all the details, but some would say justice had been served. I was really excited to know that there is a sequel to this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment