Saturday, January 8, 2011

13 to Life (#1) by Shannon Delany

The Rusakovas move to a small town, under strange circumstances. Jessica is trying to put her life back together after her mother died in a car accident and her now best friend is to blame. Pietr and Jessica have an attraction which she tries to deny. She knows Pietr is hiding something, but doesn't know what.

Love the cover! Unfortunately, my blogger is not allowing a picture upload (Grrr).This is what originally drew me to the book. For me it was a slow start. But I really enjoyed Pietr's humor and the fact that Jessica totally acted like a martyr. She was dealing with the aftermath of a major tragedy but still found the time to help Sarah, even though she was responsible for her mom's death. At times I felt like the story jumped here and there and a couple of times I had to reread to get back on track. The ending of the book, or the way it actually ended, wasn't what I expected. I expected it to wrap up somehow and the author definitely left you hanging.

No comments:

Post a Comment