Saturday, July 9, 2011

Clockwork Angel #1 by Cassandra Clare

Tessa, who is 16, travels to London to go and live with her brother Nathaniel. He has sent for her but she ends up getting kidnapped by the Dark Sisters who train her to use her shape shifting power, to get her ready to marry the Magistar. Will, who is a Nephilim, finds Tessa and saves her from her fate.

For me, it was extrememly slow moving and I had a hard time identifiying with the characters. I'm not sure if the setting (the 1800's) had anything to do with my dislike of the book. I didn't feel like I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened. I felt like the characters were eh and the plot was just so so. The idea of a mechanical army was cool but I just didn't find enough substance in this book. At the end, I was left hanging which is great if I wanted to read the remainder of the books, which I don't. So I guess this is one mystery I"ll just have to live with.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a review of Clockwork Angel here! Let me know what you think:

    http://theoncominghope.blogspot.com/2011/02/review-cassandra-clare-angel.html

    ReplyDelete